Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Finally Across Bay of Biscay

Bad bad bad weather all time when i was in Brest. This bad weather in south England (picture) moved over to Biscay. Much wind and 10 meter high waves



I didn’t like to be in the marina in Brest, it was far away from town and people there don’t speak English. Use the time there to train and fix my boat. And i spend a lot of time with Arne and Sylvia from Sweden, i call them mommy and daddy now :) They help me with everything and make dinner to me every day, lovely people.

Arne and Sylvia

Marina in Brest, picture over and under is taken from same place, higher tides here than in Norway :)

I get tired of all these codes you have to enter everywhere in the marina, if you use the shower, you must enter a 8 digit number to get in, and inside you must enter a new 8 digit number to shower. Same when you need to wash clothes, surf the internet. And it was always something wrong with the system. Call the marina for the "codemarina"

Arne and Sylvia look at a big triamararan.

French people picking snails on the beach.

After three weeks in Brest the weather was good enough to leave, wind from north and small waves. Was leaving with Arne and Sylvia, but they get problem with the autopilot and have to drive slow. After one day with them i drive from them and sail alone.

The weather was good, but i was little waves, and i get seasick again, 1 day i feel bad, 2 day i throw up everything i eat, last time i throw up like this, was when i was 15 year and drink home made vodka. 3 day i lie only in bed, have no power left. All i was thinking was "it will go over, it will go over".... And it did :)

Delfin.

The last day I feel fine and I see dolphins jumping in front of my boat, it was fantastic, have only seen them on movie. Some people told me I should talk and make movements if I saw dolphins, and I did that, then they jumped more and more. Feel that was my present after I was seasick for 3 days. :)

Saw Spain for first time

I am proud and happy, I crossed Biscay alone :)


La Coruna in Spain.

La Coruna

Some crazy people i met from Sweden, they try to go to England from Azores, but they met bad weather. After trying to cross the bad weather for 4 days, they gave up and go down to La Coruna. It was not what i wanted to hear, i should go to Azores :) The man to the left on the picture have special hobby, he fish all kind of fish and eat them, but home he have a pool with expensive carp fish, one might cost over 1000 euro...... crazy :)
He has my e mail address, he said "maybe I get bored in Sweden and I come to sail with you" Wouldn’t surprise me if he did.

Every sailor I meet, I ask them about how they do different things. Here they draw for me what I should do it if I meet a storm. Maybe danger to do what they say, it was consume at lot of beer here. :)

A German on the neighbor boat invited me for some schnapps. He work one month and sail one month.

Now I wait for better weather again and fix a few things on my boat, there is always something to do on a boat.

No comments: